The United States once led the world in high school graduation rates, but we’re now below average among developed nations. Yet, it isn’t as hopeless as it seems. Across the nation, many school districts are not only reversing this trend, but are exceeding expectations. What sets them apart? A community rallying to improve its schools. We all reap rewards from good schools: the education of young people affects all of us in every way, from community concerns to national security. The key is for everyone to get involved: parents, teachers, business leaders and local residents. Why is the Simi Valley public school system important to you?
- As a parent, you want the best education possible for your child, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- As a business owner or manager, you need capable employees to help your business expand.
- As a home owner, your property values are linked to the quality of the public schools.
- As a community member, you recognize that the school children of Simi Valley are our future.
- As a concerned citizen, you believe that a high-quality education prepares our children to meet the demands of an increasingly complex workplace and the world as a whole.
As an independent organization, the Simi Valley Education Foundation supports and challenges Simi Valley’s school system – investing in a successful future for all of us. The key is to support your commitment to your community’s future.
Throughout the year we offer an array of opportunities for you to support our mission.
Celebration of Education Gala
This annual event is currently the Foundation’s primary community fundraising event each year and includes silent and live auctions as well as other fundraising experiences.
Tee Up for Kidz Golf Tournament
This annual golf tournament helps fund our Enhancement Education Grant program. This is a fun event that generates strong community support through sponsorships as well as players the day of the event.
Cycling for Education – A family fun ride, run or walk
This is a fun day for the whole family with Local vendors and a family fun zone.
E-Waste Recycling Days
Simi Valley Education Foundation presents two E-WASTE Recycling Days each year – one in the fall and one in the spring. We collect such items such as computers, laptops, monitors, televisions, scanners, cell phones, printers, fax machines, answering machines & keyboards.